2.1.12

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! I hope your celebrations were relaxed, fun, and shared with your loved ones. Ours was certainly very chilled. We welcomed the New Year in enjoying a quiet weekend pottering around and doing a bit of this and a bit of that. I thought I'd quickly share a few little moments of creativity that were had in our house over the weekend. No big projects, just simple tasks that kept me humming.

Saving my shirt from the opp shop pile! I haven't worn this in a long time, as I'm feeling a little too mature (really!!??) for boob tubes these days. In a moment of inspiration I decided to give this old favourite of mine one last chance with some simple tied up straps in a contrasting fabric. I just made my own wide bias binding for the straps, and attached (sloppily...don't look too carefully.)




Our old change table, which we bought second hand 6 years ago for Coleman Jnr and has been used for both kids nearly got chucked this week as well. The fabric cover was totally falling apart, although the frame is still fine. Luckily I'm married to a very clever guy who's incredibly in touch with his inner craftiness and he whipped up this new cover for our little Miss using a waterproof tablecloth, velcro and his brains.




Chickpea burgers! A very yummy recipe which would suit vegos/vegans/meat eaters alike. I cooked up nearly 30 of these guys today and will freeze most of them which we will then use during the summer for BBQ's etc. I will share the recipe with you in a seperate post soon. Definatly give them a go!




Reading. I'm currently enjoying Ian McEwan's "Atonement", set mostly in London during the 2nd World War. This novel is also a movie, so I may need to check it out at our local DVD shop over the summer! Check out my cute book case by the way, made lovingly for me this Christmas by the wonderful Mr. Coleman and Coleman Jnr.




In the spirit of New Years, i can't help but want to make a million resolutions. I know I won't keep them all, but I think there's no better way to start the year than with a few dreams and hopes, no matter how large or small. A few hopes for my creative life this year are:

More Crafternoons with my lovely friends.
Play more family friendly live shows.
Play an acoustic suburban lounge room/backyard tour.
Record a few new tunes.
Figure out how to use youtube.
Learn to crochet Granny squares.
Overcome my fear of sewing in zips.
Bake bread more often then once a year.
Post here regularly.

That's it for me. Perhaps you've made some resolutions too? Feel free to share!

Mezz

No comments:

Post a Comment