23.2.12

Easy party decorating

You may recall from a previous post that this year I resolved to decorate my surroundings all year round, not just at Christmas time. Why? It makes me smile!

I thought I'd make some party decorations that are a little more environmentally friendly then the disposable streamers and balloons that usually get used once and then and chucked. My hope is that we can use these for parties and lend them out to friends. I have already made a few pretty bunting strings in the past, but realised they are all a bit too pretty and girly for Coleman Jnr. So here is my environmentally friendly, gender friendly, party friendly birthday flags. What’s more, they were super easy to make. And they're cute.




Using felt, I cut the letter shapes I wanted and then hand stitched them each to different rectangles of material folded in half. I could have used Mr. Janome for this, but I find hand sewing very therapeutic at times.



These folded rectangles became my flags. I sewed a straight stitch a few centremeters from the top of each flag, and then threaded some brown twine through the small space at the top, and that was it!!

materials used: Coloured felt, blue and white polka dot material from the op shop, old piece of brown twine.

Very easy, have a go yourself!!

I wonder what other party decorations I could make? Any ideas!!?

Mezz

1 comment:

  1. excellent....what a lovely idea...will keep this in mind for future projects...thank you..

    ReplyDelete