25.4.12

Unicorns!

I quickly whipped up a little gift for one of the very sweet girls in Coleman Jnr's class. She loves Unicorns and unfortunatly we couldn't make it to her Birthday Party, but I hope she loved this handmade "Unicorn" bag!! After googling "unicorn" (and finding some pretty weird stuff out there!!) I finally found a basic picture of a unicorn that I was happy with. I used it to make a Unicorn shape with felt and handstiched it to the bag (which was simply a piece of material folded in half and sewn together, plus a little strap.)
Materials used: An op shopped floral sheet and red sparkly felt from Taiwan. (The floral sheet has been getting quite a work out...have a look at my "all you need is love cushion"-to your right!) What "quick crafts" have whipped up recently? Mezz x

9 comments:

  1. Sweet little bag - I bet she will love it! Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The sparkly glittery felt will be a favourite! Love the simple bag, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love unicorns too and for any girl that does I recommend the book The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge. I still read as adult! She will <3 that bag. *Jealous*!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, if id known about the book i would have popped the book in the bag, book bag style! ive read a few by elizabeth goudge, but not the little white horse. ill have to check it out!!!!! (reading comes ina very close third to music and craft for me!) Mezz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me too. Will keep popping over to visit. We are a rare breed!

      Delete
  5. Naomi, I just realised you too are a crafter AND songwriter!! how exciting! you are the first person ive found online to be doing and blogging about both as well. very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet gift there...love that you up-cycled something to create something else. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love Elizabeth Goudge and have some of her books...not sure which ones you've read. But I can show you which ones I have next time you're over. xo

    ReplyDelete