14.10.12

Good ol' Missy!

So I said that I'd share some music that's been inspiring me lately. I've never been a huge Missy Higgins fan. I don't dislike her music, but I guess I've never found it particularly special. She's had a huge break from the "music thing" these last few years, and I think she's coming back at it with an honesty, vulnerability and an edge that I hadn't heard in her before.

A few months ago I was chilling out on a Wednesday night watching the new Adam Hills show. Missy performed this live and I was blown away. I can't even quite put my finger on why I loved this so much, but I just did! Maybe the song and the performance just kind of spoke to me, I don't know. But it really got me, and got me thinking about sitting down to the piano again too!

Singing backing vocals for Missy in this clip are the lovely girls from Aluka. Aluka sing backing vocals for Clare Bowditch all the time, and also do a lot of their own stuff (google them, you'll find heaps!) Two years ago when I played my last show before taking a break to give birth/spend time being with Little Miss Coleman, Aluka supported me at my "farewell gig." It was a thrill to share the stage with them, they are super talented!!

Enjoy!



Mezz (a new Missy Higgins fan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment