7.11.12

Last years Christmas cards become this year's decorations!!

I love Christmas cards!! Yes, yes, I know...they're probably very bad for the environment and extremely cheesy, but oh how I love giving, making and receiving Christmas cards. But what to do with all those cards at the end of each year? Here's one idea…. I kept last year's cards and turned them into this year's Christmas garland to hang up to bring a bit of home made/up cycled Festive cheer.

All I did was….

Cut out circles from all the different cards (you could use whichever shape you like)


Chose a festive colour thread (green for me, thanks!)


 

Sew them all together in a long line.


Done!

This is so super easy (and addictive!) I can see myself making more of these over the next few weeks in preparation for December!!!

Any other ideas on how to reuse Christmas cards?

MEZZ

6 comments:

  1. Great idea and use of old cards Mezz......looks great.

    Claire :}
    PS 3rd try at using word verification, surely my eyesight's no that bad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i often have trouble with the word verification too! thanks for persisting, i usually give up after the second go!!!! thanks for stopping by, i love your blog by the way!! mezz

      Delete
  2. Hello Mezz - I'd love to email you about a very low key singing gig... wanna touch base on beth.l.locke@gmail.com ? Thanks! Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea! I often use last year's Christmas cards as gift tags for the next Christmas, just separate the two halfs and use the front as a tag (write on the back) and then you can either keep the part with the message on or just recycle it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys...im really starting to feel a bit christmas-y!!

    mezz xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete