24.9.13

St Andrews Market

If you live in Melbourne, you probably know all about the St Andrews Market.
It's one of my all time favourite markets, partly because St Andrews is gorgeous, and also because it's very random... stalls seem to sell anything and everything.
You can find things from raw honey to second hand clothes, old tools, plants, arts and crafts, tie died hippy clothes, dried fruit and used books.
It's not a long drive from our place in Melbourne, once you're out of the suburbs its about a 30 minute drive through the beautiful Australian Bush.
The local community have held a market every Saturday morning for as long as I can remember, and I love heading out there every so often. As an inner city dweller, it's important every so often to see and smell some gum trees!!
My favourite stalls are the second hand stalls, (of course) ...people will often chuck all their old clothes on the ground and you can rummage through them. I like that!
We headed out there this last weekend and once again, it was a great morning. We didn't buy as much as we usually do, but found a few treasures.

If you are not from Melbourne, but you come to visit one time, I would definitely add this market to your "things to do" list!!
 
What's your favourite market???
 
mezz x





10 comments:

  1. Oh Melbourne is one of my happy places, but it's been a good two years since a visit and longer between leisurely visits. I'd love to check out that market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, im quite biased, melnourne is great! definetly check out the market next time ur here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely! It looks like my kinda market and it is set in such a beautiful place! Everything there looks wonderful and I love those baskets. I have one very similar from Africa and I always gravitate towards them, I love their smell and their touch. Its funny what makes us tick! You got some lovely bits, especially the Bing Crosby. Enjoy your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the baskets are gorgeous, and im a bing Crosby fan too! whata smooth voice hey xx

      Delete
  4. Looks great ...there are not enough of those kind of markets left around these days. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. bummer....do you have good markets where you live?

      Delete
  6. Oh, I haven't been in AGES! Like over 10 years ages! I think it's time for a revisit! Love your photos Mezz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks veronica..yes, its definitely time for a visit! especially with the warmer weather on its way!

      Delete